In this project you will match a font in an existing sign from the street. This will help you identify fonts.
- Take photos of signs on the street
- Select 3 signs
- Create a new InDesign file with 3 pages.
- On each page, place one of your signs
- On each page, recreate one of the words in the sign using InDesign
- Find the correct font to use
- If you find the correct font family but it doesn’t have the exact sub-category, use the Character palette in InDesign to make it look like the font you need.
- Make a note of what font you used & if you had to use any tools in the Character palette such as Horizontal Scale.
- Repeat for each page.
- See below: