We will and look at how to effectively use a Headline, Subhead and body copy by typesetting a page from the New York Times.
- This is an introduction to setting type.
- What are the basic ways to manipulate type and thus create emphasis on a page?
You will design a typical “Section” from the NY Times using the paper example.
Your goal is to figure out the spacing, font type & size, column organization, etc on a typical NYTimes Section page.
- Create a 11×17″ InDesign File
- Work with the text doc to create a Section page from the New York TImes.
- Use one or more of the photos alongside the text
- You can create one large page or several smaller pages that run together.
- Print your file