Step two: Mixing it up – Word and Image
This project communicates a juxtaposition through word and image.
Each word will be combined with its CONTRASTING image.
Use Text & Photography in InDesign
Control contrast. Control meaning. What KIND of image did you select?
What font is appropriate (or inappropriate!).
Size and placement are crucial.
- Use InDesign to create 4 text and image-based compositions.
- Use your 2 contrasting words in 2 compositions; use another pair in 2 more compositions.
- So in other words, 2 pairs of words in 2 different compositions
1. Create a 7” x 7” InDesign document with 4 pages. You will use each page for 1 composition.
2. Each composition should contain ONE of your words (for example LOVE) paired with a photographic image that communicates the other contrasting word (for example WAR). See example below.
- The image must be of acceptable quality (i.e. 300 dpi) and non-pixelated.
- Poor quality images will lower your grade for the project!